Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Gut Feelings

I have no inside information on either candidate (since I don't get along with either man) but I think that John Leopold and Don Dwyer will both announce their runs for the State Senate.

The Senate race is a way for Leopold to gracefully exit a County Executive primary he would have a difficult time winning under perfect cirucmstances.

Dwyer, depsite all of his "citizen-politican" rhetoric, is a politician looking for upward mobility. I'm sure the chance to filibuster is certainy an attractive benefit to his seeking a Senate seat.

Ultimately, I think they both run. And I think that most of the other four candidates in the race will stick it out as well.

And who is to say that there aren't other Republican residents of District 31 who might be thinking about running for the State Senate as well,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed