Thursday, July 06, 2006

News of the World

Is the Post's Daniel de Vise watching the same election that I am watching? His story this morning about the District 31 election is rather interesting. In what circles these days is John Leopold regarded as the favorite in the County Executive's race?

Also from that story are these pair of gems from Don Dwyer:

"I've been, from my perspective, very successful in the House of Delegates," Dwyer said Monday. "Some people may not see it that way."

I'll say they don't. Dwyer's definition of success must be different then mine. Success means getting stuff done for your district, not raising a big fuss and taking up space. Well, sometimes taking up space.

Dwyer said he didn't mind forgoing the race but regretted the impression it might create in his district, where he is known for consistency. "It gets kind of frustrating," he said. "I'm the kind of guy, I don't like flipping back and forth on stuff."

He may not like it, but he does it. More on that later...

In the meantime, check out my letter to the editor in today's Bay Weekly dealing with a letter written two weeks ago by Scott Reed, big-time Leopold backer and engineer of Bob Dole's 1996 electoral defeat. Reed has an interesting background himself. More on that later, too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed