Friday, March 23, 2007

A Chuckle

I had to get a chuckle when the Free State Politics group blog let me know that I, and I quote, " simply despise global warming science" without any background information of what that actually means. Particularly in the context that their blogger Andrew Kujan continues on a bizarre, meandering rant that somehow tries to link up the fact that there is a global warming committee in Congress with Republicans covering for Wayne Gilchrest by not belittling his stance on global warming. Never mind the fact that I, for one, have been critical of all sides in the global warming debate, particularly John Leopold.

What amazes me about all of this is that, in the midst of this inanity, I note that nothing on this blog has been mentioned at all about the Bromwell scandal. What does that mean? That they are covering up for scandal-ridden Democratic politicians? Of course not. It doesn't actually mean anything. Sure, the joint's raison d'ĂȘtre is to regurgitate Democratic talking points based on their grant from this special interest group. Which is fine. I suppose that there is a place for that. But don't try to make lame political points about who is and who is not covering for this person and that person, particularly when they themselves cherry-pick which issues to discuss when Democrats don't toe the line.

At least the cat is cute...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your accusation of us intentionally keeping mum on the Bromwell scandal would be devastating, except for the fact it's, um, not true.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Brian Griffiths said...

I will grant you that you mention it on the first one, but naturally the second one came the day after my post. Of course, the post does not actually crticize Bromwell, thus negating the entire point you were trying to make regarding Gilchrest...

6:35 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kujan said...

After reading this, I suggest we refrain from tossing around insults about "meandering" rants.

The point of the diary was not to prove that anyone was covering for Gilchrest, just that his support of Global Warming doesn't seem to rile you up as much as say, Al Gore's support does.

I tend to side the with the EPA when it comes to climate change, and they agree that global warming is predominantly caused by human actions.

I will admit, even the EPA page is skeptical, but still falling on the side of human caused climate change. I see no reason why Gilchrest should be kept off of an important committee simply because he happens to side the with EPA on matters of climate change.

Your insults and diversions cannot change the fact that Gilchrest was kept off the committee because he refused to change his beliefs to reflect the Republican party line.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jerry Shandrowsky said...

Gilchrest better hope a popular, well funded republican state legislator doesn't toss his/her name into the ring in '08. It would be a safe race for some of the big names to challenge him in the primary. I would even consider changing my registration so I could vote against Gilchrest in the primary.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed