Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And the Verdict is.....

...No. I will not apply for the vacancy.

The fact of the matter is that I do not believe it wise to interject myself into an appointment process that I have no chance of being selected for. It seems to me that the priorities I would have as a member of the Central Committee are not in line with the principles of the current composition of the Committee.

I want to make sure that we elect principled Republicans to office. I want to ensure that the party does not support ideas that are antithetical to the party's first principles, such as John Leopold's proposed tax hikes.

I want to expand the party's presence on the web. The design of the party's website is dated and lacks appeal and usability. I am not saying my web design skills are top notch, but it is hard to think the site is appealing as it is to marginal voters and independents.

I want to ensure that the party itself and the party apparatus takes no sides in primary elections.

Unfortunately, I do not think that those goals themselves and my record of service to the party and to candidates running under the party's banner are enough to get me appointed to that seat...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Shandrowsky said...

The local powers that be that would make the ultimate selection are bunch of cut throat, self important people that get off on their own perceived power and influence. I don't blame you Brian for not wanting to cow tail to their fun and games over this process. I can think of plenty things I'd rather do than ass kiss a bunch of nothings.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed