Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What Sheila Dixon Isn't Saying Often

One thing Sheila Dixon isn't saying much is "I didn't do it":



Dixon waxes poetic about how she "can't say anything" about the allegations, but at no time in her Press Conference did she actually deny wrongdoing. Even when it is shown later that a politician did, in fact, break the law, they almost always deny the allegations in front of the campaign unless it actually happened.

Now, on 98Rock (of all places) this morning, Dixon did unload a relatively weak denial of the charges, but only when Josh Spiegel came out and asked Dixon directly about the truthfulness of the charges. But even then, she said only that the charges were "unfounded."

So why is Sheila Dixon barely defending herself when accused of pretty serious charges of corruption? Because I know if it were me and I were innocent, I would be screaming my innocence at the top of my lungs and anybody who would listen...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The following was taken out of the BBJ in regard to Dixon's press conference today>

"I've cooperated. I will continue to cooperate. Ron Lipscomb is a great person. It was a personal relationship. But there's a process. I wasn't the mayor then," she said. "There's a process that the Baltimore Development Corp. and housing goes through. That was under the [then Mayor Martin] O'Malley administration who handled those. You can look on the records of all the different companies that I abstained from at Board of Estimates."

Is the Mayor saying that Gov. O'Malley rewarded Mr. Lipscomb with these tax breaks for his benevolensce to the Dem Party??

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed