Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dwyer Quits

Just remember you heard it here first:
For weeks now, I have been eyeing the Senate seat in district 31. I believe that my announcement to run for the seat caused Delegate Cadden to rethink her belief that she should run for the seat representing the Democrat Party. There is no doubt that she had serious concern when it came to running against me in a heads up race. Fortunately, for the Republican Party, Cadden bowed out early. This leaves the Senate seat open for the Republicans to win.

While away in Greece and Italy with my sixteen-year-old daughter Jennifer, I contemplated what would be the wisest political move on my part to help build the Republican Party in Anne Arundel County. As result of much thought and prayer, I have come to realize that the wise thing for me to do is to remain in the House of Delegates with the hopes of sweeping district 31 with Republicans and obtaining a Republican majority in Anne Arundel County. Should we be successful in obtaining the majority control of the Anne Arundel County delegation, I sincerely hope to be elected chair of the 2007 Anne Arundel County delegation. I cannot think of a better way for me to serve the citizens of district 31.

I hope you will support my decision and work with all the republican candidates to ensure a Republican victory in Anne Arundel County.
There are some key points here that need to be addressed:
  • Dwyer made this decision before he left for Europe; I'm not certain of what benefit it is for him to lie about this and say that he made the decision while on vacation (you know, when he skipped work)
  • At least he admits his decision was made solely on politics; not what is right on wrong, but politics.
  • The chances of Don Dwyer being elected delegation chair are as good as mine are, and since I'm not running you can figure out what I mean. The man is not well liked inside or outside of the party. It's why he managed to go four years passing no legislation.
  • If Dwyer were sincere about building the Republican Party, why has he been demeaning our Governor on such a frequent basis the last few days? Or why did he campaign against President Bush in 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed