Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'll take their word (for now)

From the Sun:
"I don't know why they always bring up my name. I already had trouble with Palmeiro last year," Tejada said. "I am not stupid. I already have my money. I already have great numbers. I've already had a great career. Why should I do something stupid with Grimsley?"
- Miguel Tejada

"I never had a single meaningful conversation with Jason Grimsley in my life. ... This is a joke," - Jay Gibbons

"Grimsley and I had zero relationship when he was here. I haven't talked to Grimsley about anything related to steroids in my life."
- Brian Roberts
This is all insanity. There are three division titles still up for grabs on the last day of the season: who is trying to harm baseball by throwing this stuff into the wind days before the start of the playoffs. And how is throwing Roger Clemens under the bus, a guy who's workout regiment has been well documented for over a decade, really going to help matters?

I suppose that Grimsley was really desperate to keep this under wraps, and I guess the Feds are really desperate to nail somebody on a steroids charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed