Friday, January 19, 2007

Horse Farm Redux

With the Navy now taking offers on the Naval Academy Dairy Farm property, I would like to reiterate something I said a year ago about the property:
As a county, we would be better served by the state leasing the land from the federal government and operating the land as an agriculture education center, much in the same way Arlington Echo operates as a an outdoor education center. We would be able to preserve the land's agricultural heritage without the development and traffic concerns that may come with the creation of the horse park.
And I still think that using the property for that educational purpose is much more useful than a Horse Park, a mine, or whatever else somebody could come up with.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg Kline said...

I publicly opposed the Horse Park when I ran for Delegate in that area. In addition to the fact people do not want it, it has all the earmarks of another Compass Pointe boondoggle for the taxpayers.

I am glad the current delegate opposes it though he will need to be a little more forceful to keep it from happening, I think.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed