Sunday, July 30, 2006

I never cease to be amazed....

I guess even some grown-ups still believe that if you ignore somebody, they aren't really there. The candidate page of the North County Republican Club website listing every candidate running in a race in North County except one.

Me.

I contacted the NCRC webmaster Brian Casto, who coincidentally is also a candidate for the Central Committee.
I got a voicemail back from him, where he claimed he was doing what he was told from the list provided by club leadership. He refused to change it, despite the obvious fact that I was a candidate. Club leadership happens to be long-time Leopold-operative Nita Maggio. I e-mailed Nita and noted this error three days ago, to no response.

Ironically, I created the NCRC website three-years ago. I also maintained the candidates section for the YR's website. I never once left a candidate who was formally running for office of the list because I disagree with them or their policies, simply because it is an immature, petty thing to do.

None of this is completely surprising. The club over the last four years has also become incredibly Dwyer-centric, and given the fact that I speak my mind about Maryland's Least Effective legislator, that probably rubs a few people there the wrong way. I refer you once again to this quote.

But who are these people kidding? Did they really think nobody was going to notice this? Do they really think that people aren't going to realize that I am a candidate, despite their efforts to cover it up? The lists are made public here and here, and those lists are held a little more authoritatively than this list. Even the Sun printed the list today, and yes I was there.

This is all just amazingly juvenile and shortsighted. Which is a shame, because the North County Republican Club was once an incredibly vital part of our county party organization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed