Monday, December 18, 2006

A Succinct Interpretation

Erick Erickson sums up the Anybody But McCain camp over at RedState:

Lots of my friends have jumped on the McCain bandwagon. These friends usually begin their conversations with "Yes [you're right on X], but . . .," which is inevitably followed by him being right on spending, North Korea, Iraq, abortion, or some other single issue of importance.

Notwithstanding all of that, John McCain is wrong on the fundamentals. However pretty the veneer is, a rotten foundation will cause his structure to crumble. And we have seen that happen repeatedly. All John McCain needs is a CNN camera crew and he stands ready to shove conservatives under the bus if he's guaranteed prime time and Anderson Cooper crying tears of joy while Chris Matthews stands by blowing kisses.

Read the whole thing. I think a lot of the Republican base are not going to give McCain the time of day when it comes to the 2008 primaries. I don't know who our nominee will be (I know who I would like it to be) but I highly doubt it will be John McCain.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg Kline said...

Count me as one of those anybody but McCain guys.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed