Sunday, January 21, 2007

Remembering Games that Mattered

MASN is showing the full telecast of the July 15, 1989 Orioles game against the California Angels. The game where Mike Devereaux hit a 3-run game-winning home run down the left field line at Memorial Stadium that was so controversial that Angels manager Doug Rader was ejected for arguing the call during the exchange of lineup cards for the next day's game. This was during the "Why Not" season of 1989, my favorite Orioles season I can remember. (I turned four during the Orioles 1983 World Series run, so it's not something I actually remember).

It reminds me of why, despite my love for Ravens football, baseball remains my favorite sport. I hope one day again sometime soon, the Birds can actually play games that are meaningful in July again...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed